Want to know how to win this little beauty? Read on!
As we come to the end of our first season here at 482Days HQ, we want to say a big thank you to everyone who has helped make it such a successful start.
One of our favourite things this season has been our #predictionisamugsgame competition – just like the rest of our brand this has really grown over the season from a start where we were quite chuffed to get just past 20 entries in our first week (and wow – some of those guesses were wild!) to its current state where we can pretty much guarantee at least 40 entries in the first few hours!
To thank those of you who have been regular entrants and helped make the competition so much of a success, we have decided to run a special playoff competition to run alongside our regular weekly #piamg competition.
This is a knockout competition with 4 rounds to get through – so winning will not be easy and the winner will be able to claim to have skill and judgement (or a run of awesome luck)! Hopefully you will all consider the prize (pictured above) to be worthy – a completely unique, one-of-a-kind travel mug*!
Note that we will continue our usual #piamg competition up to the weekend of April 16/17 (the last weekend with at least 5 games). This will run alongside with entries opening as usual on Wednesdays.
So “how do I win this thing of wonder?” I hear you ask…
#PIAMG #PLAYOFF rules
- The competition will run across the 4 weeks of the NIHL1 and NIHL2 South playoffs.
- The aim is to guess how many goals will be scored in the playoff games (and only the playoff games) across each weekend**.
- After week 1, only the top 20 will progress to the second round (week 2).
- After week 2, only the top 10 will progress for the third round (week 3).
- After week 3, only the top 5 will progress to the final (week 4).
- In all cases, the top XX will be defined as those who are closest to the correct total. In the event of a tie, the lower guess will win/qualify for the next round***
- Each week of the competition, @482days will open entries with a tweet. This will occur at 5pm on Thursdays. You will then have the time between that tweet appearing and the puck dropping on the first game to enter. If you do not enter within that time frame you will be automatically disqualified.
- As with the normal #piamg competition, it is first come, first served for guesses. We will take entries in the order in which they appear in our twitter feed.
- Entries for the playoff round MUST include the hashtag #piamgplayoffs to differentiate them from entries into the normal competition. Entries which do not include this hastag will not be counted.
- To qualify for entry to the playoffs, you must have played at least 9 previous #piamg games****.
- After each weekend, we will notify those who qualified for the next round via twitter.
The decision of @482days is final in all aspects of the competition and just like the EIHA, we reserve the right to change the rules at any point in the competition!
* OK yeah, it’s still just a mug, but we do need to keep to the theme you know!
** There will be 8 games in Week 1 (NIHL1 QF round), 4 games in Week 2 (NIHL1 SF round), 6 games in Week 3 (NIHL1 Final and NIHL2 SF round) and 2 games in the Week 4 (NIHL2 Final).
*** e.g. in round 1 if the correct total is 62 and the 20th and 21st closest guesses are 50 and 74 (12 away) then the person who guessed 50 will go through and the person who guessed 74 will be eliminated.
**** Eligible entrants will receive a DM via twitter in the next day or so. If you are haven’t received a DM by Saturday March 20th then you have not qualified*****.
*****If you have not qualified, you can apply for exemption to
the LMC @482days on twitter. If you can give us a convincing/amusing enough reason why we should allow you to enter, we may choose to let you! This must be applied for and confirmed before the start of the Week 1 competition and the decision of @482days is final.